Sunday, March 23, 2014

LRB #5

your opinion of the work, good or bad, supported by specific references from the work
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, in my opinion, is a very controversial, yet amazing book that teaches our generation not only about some of the world's most important history, but also opens eyes to new cultures and one interesting story along the way. I personally love this story because it shows me how Afghanistan used to be, and how it is today.
The touching storyline that has all these amazing details within it. Hosseini truly created a tear-jerker. The character Amir that I love and hate all at the same time continuously keeps me hooked throughout the story of his life; as well as how he battles with the regret of his childhood friend getting raped. Also, how Amir and his father's relationship is very touching how it evolves through the book.  
Overall, this story is very good in terms of everything specified to be categorized as a good book. I would recommend that every young adult should read it, because it will truly change the way you see things.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you completely and love your passion. Just needs specific quotes.

    ReplyDelete