Monday, October 21, 2013

Paige and Julius: Group Work

1. I believe the true significance of the title of the novel, "Looking For Alaska" in my opinion, is that Alaska's friends don't stop looking for her even though she is dead. They are searching even harder for every important piece of information they can find that will help them understand the person she was and help understand what led to her death. They are looking for her in the metaphorical sense. They are searching for a peace at heart that helps make it possible to go on and live a productive life even though the tragedy caused so much heartache for them.

 8. In the novel "Looking For Alaska", I (Paige) believe I relate most to Alaska. In some ways, I can see myself of how she comes to blaming herself and feeling guilty for her mother's death; where in my shoes, I blame myself for my mother's drug addiction, and the brokenness of my family. one other aspect that relates us is that Alaska doesn't share her real feelings with people. She is like a mystery. Where I don't share my feelings with much people. I go about everyday acting happy sometimes when I am upset on the inside.

14. In the novel, "Looking For Alaska" the main character, Miles "Pudge" Halter, is related to the main character, Charlie, in "Perks of Being A Wallflower" by facing the same situations such as, many instances of heartbreak which are the heartbreak of Charlie losing his friends for a while, and Pudge , danger, death, and many moments of decision, all of which affect the rest of their stories. Not only have they both experienced the same situations, but they also started off inexperienced with life, and sheltered in some way, and in both stories it shows how both characters are "saved" and taken in by important friends in the books. One more addition comparison is that both say a meaningful quote that helps influence the book. Pudge says "seeking a great perhaps" and Charlie says "I feel infinite." Both quotes are very powerful, and not only help carry out the stories, but kind of show Charlie and Pudge as who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment