Thursday, October 31, 2013

1. What is failure to you?
2. How do your favorite quotes relate to your life?
3. What failure in life has taught you a lesson, that not only benefitted you, but someone else?
4. In what ways has failure influenced your life, and your point of view of yourself today?
5. Does your own imagination influence your life in any way?

"Ultimately, we all have to decide for ourselves what constitutes failure, but the world is quite eager to give you a set of criteria if you let it."
 I believe this quote touches my life because I feel like the world has thrown so many battles my way, and no matter what, I believe I have found a way to push through, because no matter how bad the world wants to get me down, I will always fight my way, and be ultimately successful.

"Climbing out of poverty by your own efforts, that is indeed something on which to pride yourself, but poverty itself is romanticized only by fools."
 This touches my heart because as well myself have experienced poverty, and pretty much being homeless, and it is absolutely true that you have to climb out by your own efforts, to get out of the problem, not only with poverty, but everyday life. With any problem, the only way to get out of it, is by your own motivation. You have to want to change for the better.

"There is an expiry date on blaming your parents for steering you in the wrong direction."
  This one quote has so much impact. It impacts me specifically because of the situation with my mother. She is on drugs, and that has impacted me tremendously, in every aspect of my life, but just because of what she has done, doesn't mean I can blame her for my failures in life. No one can choose where they come from, but they sure can decide where they go from there. I am my own person and make my OWN mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. I knew that you would connect with quote #3. However, the thing that I admire about you, is that you have already figured that out.

    ReplyDelete