Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Personal Mixtape

1.  Don't Rain On My Parade by Barbara Streisand, from the famous Broadway Show "Funny Girl" in 1964. It is a major part of my day, especially before school because it reminds me that no matter what will come my way that day, I WILL NOT let it rain on my parade; let it rain on my personality, on my self array, my happiness, my dreams, my goals. EVERYTHING that I believe in myself, I refuse to let someone tear me down.

 

2. Take me to the King by Tamela Mann because I am a true believer in God, and I consider myself a Christian. God is my everything, without him I am nothing. With this song, it describes that life can get you down and you feel like when u come to church all the time, you kind of get churched out cause their is no spark, but it reminds you that when you get down and feel like no one is there, God is, and you take it all to him, you take it to the king.

 

3. Belief by Gavin Degraw, because it reminds you that belief in something makes something or someone stronger in someway. This song is kind of depressing song, because he is talking about how his lover is a hard pill to swallow but yet he still believes she is amazing and she is his world.

 

4. So Beautiful by Musiq Soulchild, because it reminds me of the good in love. It reminds me of the sweet, passionate, fun relationship I have with the love of my life. He always brings me joy, and laughter.

 

5. The Way I am by Ingrid Michelson, because in this song it describes what she would do for the ones she loves, such as "if you were falling, then I would catch you" and in the end all she wants in return is to love her for the way she is. I believe this relates to my life very much.

 

6. Round and Round by Imagine Dragons simply because it is about depression and about all the people who feel left out or rejected in life. Everyone goes round and round, escaping the same way, and in the end we just want someone to tell us to lift our head up high because life itself has a purpose.

 

7. Hey Jude by The Beatles because it is about A girl who is sad, and the Beatles tell her to keep calm and just breathe, and turn something sad into something happy. It reminds you that for all that you do for someone, even if they don't appreciate it, just go on and be thankful for the good person you are.

 

8. Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles, I love this song just because it brightens my day and has a great tune and meaning to it.

 

9. I'll be seeing you by Billie Holliday because this song touches my heart and gives me a thought of reminisce to the 60's, with the vintage and love, and just a soothing sound to my ears. I almost try when I listen to it.

 

10. Don't Rain on My Parade by Barbara Streisand. The classic Broadway song that brightens my day. I listen to it before I start my day and when I end it, so it is repetitive, and simply because it reminds me that I will not, EVER, let anyone tear down my goals and dreams; nor my personality, my happiness, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment