Sunday, April 6, 2014

Timed Writing Ranks

I chose to give myself, at most, a 6. I chose to give myself that score due to feeling that this essay was my best because I am finally understanding how to analyze, break down, and describe it to an audience in a well formatted essay. I felt as if I actually understood and comprehended the prompt, therefore making it easier for me to write it on paper.

Within my essay I have probably made more common errors than what I just see. Other people reading your paper, notice more than what I notice. I have some errors of big words misplaced, as well as spelling errors. I do believe I am good at grammar in a sense to know how to use "their" and "there", but need more help on complex word choice and how to use it.

I learned by reading the other papers that I don't need to just prance around the prompt, I need to approach it in my essay directly, so I can achieve a better score. If I could go back and change anything, I would definitely broaden my vocabulary, and go more in depth with my analyzation, and make it more clearer to the audience, as well as having a more well organized essay to get straight to the point to make it an 8 or 9.

All aspects of timed writings have helped me tremendously. Practicing it within a time limit shows my weaknesses and strengths, and how to be better. I have learned how to write faster, as well as understand the prompts more quickly. Something that has also helped me is whenever you assisted us throughout a whole essay step by step and broke it down. That truly helped me with my introduction paragraphs especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment